Here are our top gay and Vancouver news picks from December 1st to December 7th.
Gay Vancouver News
- Our (gay) guide to Vancouver’s arts scene in December: Find some fun, cultural activities to do in Vancouver's theatre and arts scene this month - there's plenty!
- AIDS Vancouver food bank struggling to keep shelves stocked for holidays: Be sure to make a donation or arrange a drop-off of food to help those in need.
Local Vancouver News
- City crews ready equipment and salt for snowy forecast: Let's hope they're getting ready for nothing.
- West End group claims partial victory over city hall: The West End Neighbours group is claiming a partial victory after the City of Vancouver amended bylaws that set the definitions of affordable housing.
- West End citizens’ group ready to sue despite changes to affordable rentals bylaw: However, changes proposed for said bylaw supporting affordable housing don’t go far enough.
Gay World News
- Will this man be the first openly gay mayor in Turkey?: Turkey could be the first Muslim majority country to have an openly gay mayor if Can Cavusoglu has his way. The 43-year-old author and entrepreneur has announced his mayoral pre-candidacy for the 2014 municipal election in the town of Bulancak, located on the Black Sea Coast.
- Gay athletes to take brave stand in Sochi: Steward: The Olympics have played host to many important human rights protests. Sochi is poised to become the site of yet another.