Here are some of our top gay news picks from October 27th to November 2nd:
Davie Village News
- The West End Business Improvement Association launches its first newsletter: be sure to click the sign up button to subscribe.
- Marquis Wine Cellars announces its 7th Annual Champagne and Sparkling Wine Tasting
- The Dish celebrates its 21st year in the Village
Local Vancouver News
- Facing life or death at home, gay activist seeks asylum in Vancouver: 30-year-old activist referred to as the first openly gay man in the southeastern European nation of Montenegro came to Canada last month and is seeking refugee status
- TGIF! Jay’s Picks for the Weekend: things to do this weekend in Vancouver
Gay World News
- Priape saved from extinction by new owners: but only in Montreal.
- Gender-Neutral Restrooms Become the Law: When Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter signed legislation Thursday to afford equal rights to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, he said he hoped Philadelphia would become “the most LGBT-friendly” city in the world.
- Hot Wired: Gay men are on the vanguard of the digital sexual revolution, and the rest of us are not far behind. Are we satisfied yet?
- Tens of thousands march for same-sex marriage in Taiwan: Tens of thousands of demonstrators, many displaying rainbows and glitter, thronged the centre of Taiwan's capital on Saturday to press demands to legalise same-sex marriage amid an increasingly tolerant environment on the island nation.