Here are our top gay news picks from November 3rd to November 9th.
Gay Vancouver News
- Downtown Vancouver's West End Community Plan in pictures: with upgrades and aesthetic improvements to the Davie Village, such as a disco ball in at the corner of Davie and Bute.
- WinterPRIDE 2014: GayWhistler's WinterPRIDE is the evolution of the annual Gay & Lesbian Ski & Snowboard Festival
Gay World News
- Hawaii House Approves Gay Marriage Bill: The state will become the 16th to recognize same-sex marriage
- Barilla Pasta Reveals Plans To Embrace Diversity & Inclusion: in an effort to mend ties with the LGBTQ community, Barilla released a new plan for "diversity, inclusion and equality"
- Obama: Congress needs to ban LGBT discrimination in the workplace
- General Motors To Offer Benefits To All Gay Married Employees
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford uninvited to WorldPride event: although this probably isn't much of a surprise
- The Wizard of Oz is fun for kids of all ages: Like a good animated film there is plenty for kids of all ages in the touring production of The Wizard of Oz currently playing Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- The Woman in Black is a Bloody Good Scare: The Woman in Black is a throwback to the days where you didn't need a huge special effects budget to unleash the dark side of your imagination. At times fettered by the confines of its indie venue and shoestring budget, Woman is nevertheless a solid introduction to a unique genre usually not attempted in the local theatre scene.